Friday, May 31, 2013

#26 Critical Film Review...

The Hunger Games.
Directer by Gary Ross
Staring: Jennifer Lawrence (as Katniss Everdeen) Josh Hutcherson (as Peeta Mellark) Liam Hemsworth (as Gale Hawthorn) Elizabeth Banks (as Effie Trinket) and Woody Harrelson (as Haymitch Abernathy) also staring Donald Sutherland (as President Coriolanus Snow)  

The Hunger Games is a trilogy story written by Susan Collins, which was made in a featured film. It is a story about 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives in the post-apocalyptic nation of Panem. The Capital, exercises political control over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12–18 from each of the twelve districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle to the death.

I am a huge Hunger Games fan and have read all three books in the series. When I heard they were making a Hunger Games movie I was very skeptical about going to see it. Mostly because when people make a movie based off a book it never ends up well. When I saw the movie for my friends birthday, who was also a die-hard fan of the Hunger Games, we watched in silence bringing in everything that the movie portrayed. 

During the movie I notice small things that the director left out that was in the book, I had also noticed that they had changed things form what they originality were in the book. That did not bother me as much as I had thought it would. 

The movie was quite good, I mean they had a lot of fans that would have ripped the movie to shreds. I loved seeing how everything was brought on the screen. How I thought things would look and how it was presented were close, I was impressed by the chemistry that all the actors had with the character that they were playing. 

I had doubted that Lawrence(Katniss) would be able to play Katniss. I thought someone else would have been better. I was dead wrong, she was perfect. Everything about her resembled Katniss and thats why I was able to get into the movie so well. 

During the film you are brought into this world that is very futuristic and quite dangerous. One that is feared by the government and everyone is beneath the Capital. I felt that this movie was able to show what life was like without explaining much, like how the book did. You were captivated by it, I thought that it was a wonderful movie and I am anxiously waiting for Catching Fire (second book of the trilogy) to come out hoping that it is as good as the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment